Help! Can't download videos to my iMac from Z6iii in Adobe Bridge

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

CJCrawford

Supporting Member
I downloaded all my pictures to Adobe Bridge as usual, but the videos i made do not seem to show up. There is a picture of picture of VLC where they might be,. That doesn't do anything. First attempt at video-did not specify any particular settings- just switched the toggle and pressed the red button. They don't show up in NX Studio either. Videos show up in playback in the camera. Newbie here to Mirrorless and this camera. Help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Yeah I see that now - @JAJohnson referenced where you set the card.
Here is the link to the online documentation

Here is the link to home for the Z6iii web version of the manual which you can search. That may not be easy for a beginner as you need to learn the terms. IMO it's worth it to get a cup of coffee or wine, and peruse the Photo and Video Shooting Menu sections first and then the Custom Settings Menus. These will give you a good start.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeff. I ordered Steve Perry's Z6iii tutorial...haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I'm not new to photography-just new to mirrorless, and have not done video with iMovie. I did a basic set-up on my new camera, but didn't pay attention to video set-up. So I will look up the YT channel- thanks for that. I prefer Steve's work to looking at the Nikon manuals- -I can relate to a talking person better. :) However...I'm not sure how much video Steve covers. I guess I'll find out!
I saw some birds taking a dust bath yesterday, so I just impulsively tried the video....I hardly ever use video otherwise. But...it will be fun to learn! I think I've even read that stills extracted from Video can be quite good!

Back