Help! Delkin card problem

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Just came back from Portugal yesterday. When I tried to import my photos in LR this morning, my computer (Mac M3 or PC win10) cannot read my Delkin black 150GB card. Unfortunately, I have no backup, my bad. It is the same card I have been using for 6 months without any problem. Before returning home, I checked all my photos in my Z8 and everything was good. Now, I cannot even view my photos in my Z8 and get the following message "This card is not formatted. Format the card". Is there anything I can do to recover my photos? Please help. Thanks.

Possibly, and given that you were initially able to review the photos on the Z8, suggests that either the card was somehow reformatted or became corrupted. If it was accidentally reformatted, hopefully it was the "low level" reformat making the likelihood of recovery greater.

Anyhow, I see two courses of action. First, obtain some recovery software (I don't know if Delkin includes any with purchase) and also contact Delkin to see if they have any suggestions. Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Just came back from Portugal yesterday. When I tried to import my photos in LR this morning, my computer (Mac M3 or PC win10) cannot read my Delkin black 150GB card. Unfortunately, I have no backup, my bad. It is the same card I have been using for 6 months without any problem. Before returning home, I checked all my photos in my Z8 and everything was good. Now, I cannot even view my photos in my Z8 and get the following message "This card is not formatted. Format the card". Is there anything I can do to recover my photos? Please help. Thanks.
You have a good chance of recovering your photos with a recovery program. Don’t do anything to the card until you try. it’s possible that the directory was damaged but all the files are still there. There are many available recovery programs and they usually give you a free trial.

+1 on recovery programs, happened once after accedentialy deleating a card, the recovery programm saved everything. One ot the reasons I buy SanDisk, the Pro and Extreme cards always come with a one year liscence to their recovery pro. Never had to use it so, knock on wood.

One alternative would also be a professional service to recover what's possible.

Hubby once had a problem and had not backed up his cards - or let me do it for him!

I used EaseUS software and it recovered all his files. Be careful....at that time you had to sign up for a monthly "service" and then cancel before the next 30 days to avoid being charged. I forgot to cancel and ended up paying much more than necessary for the one-time use.

Thank you all. Problem solved and I did not have to use a recovery program. Disk utilities did the trick. I run first aid and then mount the disk volume and bingo. Ouf! Next time, I will make sure I have a backup.🙂

Thank you all. Problem solved and I did not have to use a recovery program. Disk utilities did the trick. I run first aid and then mount the disk volume and bingo. Ouf! Next time, I will make sure I have a backup.🙂
Glad to here you got them back.

I think a lot of folks here don't have the camera write a backup to the 2nd slot while shooting, because of the delay and reduced frames per second. In that case it's either risk it, copy slot 1 to slot 2 later, or have a way to get the images backed up onto another device. I guess I'm in the risk it category.

If you decide to keep using that card, remember to do a full format in camera at least once. Take a few practice shots, remove and reinsert the card. Hopefully you’ll be able to review the images successfully.

My practice is, once I have a problem with a card I cannot trust it again. If it’s in warranty I request a replacement. If it’s out of warranty it goes in my e-waste bin.

I had to use this with an old CF card years ago and I was able to recover things. May be worth a try.

https://lc-tech.com/sandisk-rescuepro-and-rescuepro-deluxe/

I got a free license when I purchased a Sandisk SD card once. I think they stil do that so you may have one?

Hope it works for you, good luck!

I've successfully used this and also Ashampoo Photo Recovery. Both did the job, one was faster but I liked the UI on the other one better.

There are card recovery software.
This problem is sometimes caused by turning off the camera before it finishes writing to the card.
Although strong X-Rays at some airports have been known to damage electronics and film ... 🦘

Thanks again for all your help and suggestion. A new CFexpress card is on the way as I contacted Delkin customer service as suggested by stealth69.
Yesterday, I received a refurbished card from Delkin when I thought it will be a new one. Guess, I misunderstood the warranty. Now, do I keep the refurbished one or take a chance with my own card? Who says the refurbished one is better. Any suggestion pls! thx.

Yesterday, I received a refurbished card from Delkin when I thought it will be a new one. Guess, I misunderstood the warranty. Now, do I keep the refurbished one or take a chance with my own card? Who says the refurbished one is better. Any suggestion pls! thx.
Although cards can be read an written to many times - there us a limit that defines the longevity of the card ... 🦘

Back