HELP !!! Latest LrC upgrade has totally screwed up my catalog

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Oosty

I turned on LrC today to find a "forced" upgrade in progress from 13.0 to 13.0.2 and the result is horrendous.
Most of my images are grayed out and the file sequence is screwed up.
I've tried to roll back to 13.0 which worked well enough before the "upgrade".
When I try to open the Catalog for v 13.0 i get the message that Lightroom cannot use the catalog named "Lightroom Catalog V13" because it is not writable and cannot be opened.

Any ideas will be welcome.

Thanks

Eureka -I solved the problem by opening the catalog in explorer, \Lightroom Catalog-v13.zip\Lightroom Catalog-v13.lrcat-data, clicking extract all and open in lightroom

I'm not sure why this wasn't seamless. I also had to Import the entire hard drive to reinstate the missing images.

Very odd.

In the future you can get personal help using the chat bottom right in the support website. Once you get past a couple automated responses you get a person. If needed and you allow they will take over your computer and fix it for you. I've not had that sort of issue as you describe.

In the future you can get personal help using the chat bottom right in the support website. Once you get past a couple automated responses you get a person. If needed and you allow they will take over your computer and fix it for you. I've not had that sort of issue as you describe.

Thanks, I wasn't able to get past the bot and gave up after about 5 different attempts. Appreciate your input.

Wow. I already rolled back to v13.0 due to 13.01 wouldn't run on either of my machines. Never encountered a "forced" upgrade. Was it running in the BG or did the upgrade start when you opened LR?

As I opened LrC it started with something like "Please wait etc". About 90 % of my images were greyed out and folders in the wrong place - I don't quite understand the rush at Adobe. Most of the latest stuff could have waited for release.

As I opened LrC it started with something like "Please wait etc". About 90 % of my images were greyed out and folders in the wrong place - I don't quite understand the rush at Adobe. Most of the latest stuff could have waited for release.
The community forum is full of people complaining about issues like I was having and having to roll back. Many people rolled all the way back to v12.xx. So I guess they felt like they needed to do a "hot fix". But sounds like they missed this one too. I don't connect my main editing machine to the internet unless I need to do upgrades etc. so should be safe on it. Laptop might already be too late...

Back