Help with moving from Lightroom to photoshop

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I used to be able to move from lightroom to Photoshop just by right clicking and choosing edit in photoshop. Now when I do that the image does not open. I have to have photoshhop closed and and open anew each time. Can anyone help.?

Hmmm, I've never run into that problem. What happens if you try the other methods of passing an image from LR to PS such as Ctrl-E (Cmd-E on a Mac) or click on the Photo>Edit In selection from the menu?

Also, Mac or PC?

Same issue for me on MacBook Pro and it, plus LR and PS are up-to-date. Spent an hour with Adobe other evening and no resolution - supposedly will be looked at for next update. She was able to recreate the issue on her end too. I can open files using just PS but trying to do it from LR I only get 2 or 3 of 9 or 10 opening up and usually in two PS files. Frustrating.

Same issue for me on MacBook Pro and it, plus LR and PS are up-to-date. Spent an hour with Adobe other evening and no resolution - supposedly will be looked at for next update. She was able to recreate the issue on her end too. I can open files using just PS but trying to do it from LR I only get 2 or 3 of 9 or 10 opening up and usually in two PS files. Frustrating.
It does sound like there is some kind of bug in the software. I'm running the current version of Lightroom and Photoshop on my iMac and not having any major issues, although there are times I have to try twice to get an image to load. Not often, but it happens.

It does sound like there is some kind of bug in the software. I'm running the current version of Lightroom and Photoshop on my iMac and not having any major issues, although there are times I have to try twice to get an image to load. Not often, but it happens.
Just one image or have you tried several? I was loading several to do focus stacking.

Just one image or have you tried several? I was loading several to do focus stacking.
Just one and it's only here and there. The vast majority of the time, it works as expected. When I've loaded images for focus stacking, it's always worked - but - I normally don't use Photoshop for stacking (I have Helicon and Zerene and they do much better).

Back