Help with Remote shutter release for a Z8

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

have a look ay Phottix products . for my D810 I use the WXD188 transmittter and receiver small but has a300ft range
P1003505.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

P1003506.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

curled cable 2.5mm 3pole on one end and a screw lock on the the other is also needed if not supplied with one it is not one of those "line of sight" units I have triggered my camera while behind a wall
on ebay one for sale @$48

Last edited:
have a look ay Phottix products . for my D810 I use the WXD188 transmittter and receiver small but has a300ft range
View attachment 92045

View attachment 92046
curled cable 2.5mm 2 pole on one end and a screw lock on the the other is also needed if not supplied with one it is not one of those "line of sight" units I have triggered my camera while behind a wall
on ebay one for sale @$48
You're certainly not using that as a remote shutter release....

Can anyone recommend a remote shutter release for a Z8 camera?

Thanks for any help
I use this wired remote cable from Vello. Used it first with my D500 and on the Z8 when that came. Connects to the 10pin socket on the left front of the camera. Simple shutter release cable. Does not do anything else. I use it primarily to start/ stop video eliminating camera shake. I needed to "map" my video start button to the shutter release button.
The original vello website does not seem to load these days - so maybe this product is no longer being produced, hence the B&H link.

Back