Help! Z8 EVF/Monitor stuck

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jadiehl

Supporting Member
Marketplace
OK. I admit I’m a neophyte when it comes to my Z8, but I did something that won’t let me switch the EVF/Monitor to other screens. I went into d19 in the custom settings menu and all the screens are checked but I can’t seem to change from the one that is showing…this is embarrassing. Any ideas of what I screwed up?

OK. I admit I’m a neophyte when it comes to my Z8, but I did something that won’t let me switch the EVF/Monitor to other screens. I went into d19 in the custom settings menu and all the screens are checked but I can’t seem to change from the one that is showing…this is embarrassing. Any ideas of what I screwed up?
Did you by chance reprogram the DISP button for something other than cycling through the display screen options? If so did you program the DISP function to some other button?

This is probably clear to you but setting up the multiple display views is step one and then hitting the DISP button or other button programmed to that function is step two when you want to change views. But as posted above, some options like enabling Starlight View will disable viewfinder elements like being able to see the histogram in the viewfinder.

The button on the side of the viewfinder is great for switching between viewfinder and rear panel display depending on what options are enabled in the menus but it’s that DIsp button that cycles through the different viewfinder setups.

Thanks, guys! The DISP button has been reprogrammed so I need to fix that and check the starlight view setting.
FWIW, I played with putting my Recall Shooting Function on the DISP button but found it easier and less confusing to reset that to DISP and programming the joystick center press for RSF in part because it has a distinctive texture that makes it easy to find the RSF button without taking my eye away from the viewfinder.

Having similar problem. How exactly do you reset display button?
There are a couple of ways, but it's pretty easy to go into Custom Controls - Shooting, navigate down the camera graphic to select the Disp button and then cycle through the options to set it back to it's original display function.

Back