If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Gear: NIKON D7200, TOKINA AT-X PRO D F2.8 100mm Macro
Settings: 1/100 sec at f/4.0, ISO 100
Handheld and Image Cropped

Jamaica Vacation 2019 - 431.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Couple things here... the focus point on the Paper or styrofoam (guessing) is messing with me... it's not lining up with the hermit crab. I do like the photo but my sense of alignment is off by the focus point. if it was me I would have tried a little more DOF.... but that's me... I will say I love the nice clean look... that is awesome!

Couple things here... the focus point on the Paper or styrofoam (guessing) is messing with me... it's not lining up with the hermit crab. I do like the photo but my sense of alignment is off by the focus point. if it was me I would have tried a little more DOF.... but that's me... I will say I love the nice clean look... that is awesome!
Hi there, this is the story behind this image :)
Vacation with family in Jamaica, and my little girl found this Hermit Crab in the floor during our lunch time. Quickly I grabbed my camera, and paired with my macro lens. Between convincing my daughter that she could not keep holding the crab, I placed it on the table and fired few shots while it was running for his life... LOL ... definitely I should be using more DOF, but my lack of practice played a role there, and I didn't think on that. Instead, I was concerned about getting few shots as soon as possible, and release the poor little thing.
Lesson learned, and I totally agree with you on the focusing and DOF issue.
Thanks for your comment.

Hi there, this is the story behind this image :)
Vacation with family in Jamaica, and my little girl found this Hermit Crab in the floor during our lunch time. Quickly I grabbed my camera, and paired with my macro lens. Between convincing my daughter that she could not keep holding the crab, I placed it on the table and fired few shots while it was running for his life... LOL ... definitely I should be using more DOF, but my lack of practice played a role there, and I didn't think on that. Instead, I was concerned about getting few shots as soon as possible, and release the poor little thing.
Lesson learned, and I totally agree with you on the focusing and DOF issue.
Thanks for your comment.
Well it that case great job! LOL. Those guy can move when they want to! LOL