If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I would appreciate knowing what you think about this photo.
HeronBCG.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
HeronBCG.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
HeronBCG.jpg

I think it’s quite excellent…I might bring up the shadows on the Great Blue just a bit but not enough to lose the contrast between it and the sky maybe just brush them in for the darkest body and neck areas. Really outstanding though…some might find it too dark but I would call it moody which is good. Wouldn’t want all my shots moody but I definitely do it with some of my waterfalls.

@cfhelz45 , definitely a sky replacement! Done quite good but the pixel of the sky are seen, the resolution of the sky-picture were less than of the bird picture or it was a crop so, they don't match each other, I can see the pixel on the sky but not on the bird. It is also clear that it is quite impossilble to have the sky in DoF with very long lens taking a portrait of the bird... And it is not a wide-agle lens (no ditortion)
Otherwise, I love the picture! It is excellent!
The tree is actually also under the quastion becasue there is a part (down left) that is sharp. But whole tree is unsharp. Either you blured it or it is from somewhere else. ;-) I would say the bird is cut and put here ;-)

@cfhelz45 , definitely a sky replacement! Done quite good but the pixel of the sky are seen, the resolution of the sky-picture were less than of the bird picture or it was a crop so, they don't match each other, I can see the pixel on the sky but not on the bird. It is also clear that it is quite impossilble to have the sky in DoF with very long lens taking a portrait of the bird... And it is not a wide-agle lens (no ditortion)
Otherwise, I love the picture! It is excellent!
The tree is actually also under the quastion becasue there is a part (down left) that is sharp. But whole tree is unsharp. Either you blured it or it is from somewhere else. ;-) I would say the bird is cut and put here ;-)
The bird was actually in the tree.