If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

At a local pond a Hooded Merganser was raised by a Mallard couple.

Very much used to human interactions he's a joy to watch doing its things in close proximity.
Each Fall even when other of its kind comes to the pond during migration he stays for the winter with the hundreds of Mallards.
Last year he was often seen diving and napping with a female Common Merganser on the river.

Attachments

• _BF22296c.jpg
    _BF22296c.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42
  • _BF22356c.jpg
    _BF22356c.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • _BF22304c.jpg
    _BF22304c.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
At a local pond a Hooded Merganser was raised by a Mallard couple.

Very much used to human interactions he's a joy to watch doing its things in close proximity.
Each Fall even when other of its kind comes to the pond during migration he stays for the winter with the hundreds of Mallards.
Last year he was often seen diving and napping with a female Common Merganser on the river.
Very Coolđź‘Ť

Very nice images Bray? (hard to decipher your name for old eyes) He is a real performer!
Hello ! I'm Bruce, long time lurker and only recently "more" active in the forums !

He is indeed quite fascinating to watch. Specially when he does the parade around male Mallards.
It's like yeh sorry buddy that won't quite impress them.

Hello ! I'm Bruce, long time lurker and only recently "more" active in the forums !

He is indeed quite fascinating to watch. Specially when he does the parade around male Mallards.
It's like yeh sorry buddy that won't quite impress them.
Thanks, Bruce. Yeh, I was also off for 3 years. Love mergansers, only seen them once, 20 year ago in UK.