If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

One of the adorable little female gray squirrels who visit our back yard daily. This is a young one, born this past spring. She has two siblings (I am assuming, they are all the same size) who also are here nearly every day.

STM_0017 1000.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Lovely, nice to have a photo opportunity that doesn't require a long hike
I have one of the best gigs in town. I open the door out to the deck, set the D850 and 600mm f/4 ED IF AIS Nikkor on the tripod and gimbal mount, grab a drink and sit on the couch and wait for them to make their daily rounds. Each morning I lay out bird seed, sunflower seeds and various nuts and fill the water bowl with water. The word has gotten around, there are lots to photograph. Gray squirrels, Carolina Wrens, Cardinals, Finches, Jays, Grackles, Mockingbirds, Bluebirds, Chickadees, Thrashers, Sparrows, Robins and Doves. We also have Southern Fox Squirrels as well but I have never seen one in the yard. The back yard is wooded so I have a great background. Morning is a good time to shoot because they are somewhat backlit which provides great background separation, and I just put a studio strobe in a softbox out on the deck to add fill flash.