How lucky can you get?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

With finally a break in the heat & humidity, my wife & I decided to revisit some spots that we had scouted out last year, just as a reminder of their location & setting. The area is about an hour & 15 minutes from our home & we wanted to do some additional scouting while we were there so we left with plenty of time before sunset. We'd thought perhaps of getting a sunset photo, but the cloud forecast was to be absolutely clear & as it turned out, it was 100% correct, not a cloud in the sky, so that was out. We also knew an approximate 90% full moon was to be out, in fact had already risen in the east, but darkness was still several hours away & my wife was developing a sinus headache, so we decided to drive out a different way than we had come in & as we're leaving I kept looking at the moon rising in the east & told my wife if I could at least find a good foreground, I'd like to stop & try to capture the moon rise. Down a short hill and past a tree line we ran into this! How absolutely lucky can a guy get!
D75_6287_hdr_DxO-resized-resized 2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
D75_6281-resized-resized 2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

thanks, Bill

Nicely done, Bill. A rewarding aspect of photography to me is making the most of the hand you're dealt. Really like the composition and the color for the summer. Suggest changing the first one to Black & White & reposting October 31'st!

Nicely done, Bill. A rewarding aspect of photography to me is making the most of the hand you're dealt. Really like the composition and the color for the summer. Suggest changing the first one to Black & White & reposting October 31'st!
Interesting thought, might try that. Bill

Back