If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

SBurkholder

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I went to Costa Rica in December and took close to 10K in images and have chosen 7. With the stunning birds as subjects, I just don't know how it is possible to boil down to 7, but I'm attempting it here. All images were shot with a Z6 and a brand new to me 100-400 mm f4.5-5.6 lens which I received the week before I left. Although, all of these images shown were shot at 400 mm, I was really happy that I had the zoom option for the small handful of times that opportunity presented itself to me. My first trip to CR will not be my last!

Scarlet Macaws f5.6, 1/2000, ISO 400, 0EV
_D135745.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Resplendent Quetzal f5.6, 1/1600, ISO 2500 +1 2/3 EV
_D138002.jpg

Green Heron f5.6, 1/1250, ISO 640, 0 EV
_D136067.jpg

Firey-billed Aracari f5.6, 1/800, ISO 400, -1/3 EV
_D137116.jpg

Spot-crowned Euphonia (female) f5.6, 1/1250, ISO 500, -1/3 EV
_D137188-Edit.jpg

Northern-emarald Toucanet F5.6, 1/1250, ISO 1400, 0 EV
_D138173.jpg

Long-tailed Silky Flycatcher f5.6, 1/1250, ISO 640 +2EV
_D139303.jpg

Like the results of the 100-400 as I just receive my lens today, only wish I had a trip planned for next week.
I think that you will like it a lot. It’s the best lens I’ve ever used. But it’s also the most expensive lens I’ve used. So I don’t have any experience with the pricey exotics. So I can only imagine what they are like.

Looks like a good trip! Also, feel free to post more threads with more pics :)
Hi Steve. Is there a thread somewhere which explains how to post. Two options I see are to post at full size or thumbnail. I’m not sure which one to choose. And why do some photos automatically post exif data and others don’t?

Hi Steve. Is there a thread somewhere which explains how to post. Two options I see are to post at full size or thumbnail. I’m not sure which one to choose. And why do some photos automatically post exif data and others don’t?
The help section has posting guidelines that include images, as well as sizing guidelines and Lightroom plug-ins. Normally, just drag your image into the post and you're good (as long as it's not too large). The ones that automatically have EXIF are the ones posted the way I describe - the ones without EXIF info are posted from outside links (like Flickr for instance). If you have any other questions, PM me - always happy to help :)