How to use an iPhone 14 Pro Max as monitor for Nikon Z7?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

A complete novice in trying to use an external monitor, I hoped it would be simple - Purchased a HDMI Mini cable to HDMI , attached a Guermok Audio & Video Capture Card, attached a USB-C to Lightening adapter... but there is no camera image on the iPhone? What am I missing? Do I need an App? and if so, any recommendations? (Hoping to us the monitor for both photography and video.)

A complete novice in trying to use an external monitor, I hoped it would be simple - Purchased a HDMI Mini cable to HDMI , attached a Guermok Audio & Video Capture Card, attached a USB-C to Lightening adapter... but there is no camera image on the iPhone? What am I missing? Do I need an App? and if so, any recommendations? (Hoping to us the monitor for both photography and video.)

Accsoon or a proper HDMI monitor (like Atomos).

don’t think it works. atomos has a product to let you do it with your phone, but it isn’t cheap

I could be wrong but my read of the content from Atomos is that only an iPhone 15 Pro is supported.

Back