If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rassie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A flock of these birds were feeding on parts of the blooms on a specific willow tree. Not sure if this was a Salix Caprea (Goat Willow) or Salix Discolor (Pu**y Willow). First time I saw waxwings feed on the remains of the little flowers. Some of their beaks were awash in pollen.

NZ8_1598.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
A flock of these birds were feeding on parts of the blooms on a specific willow tree. Not sure if this was a Salix Caprea (Goat Willow) or Salix Discolor (Pu**y Willow). First time I saw waxwings feed on the remains of the little flowers. Some of their beaks were awash in pollen.

View attachment 86248
These birds are so beautiful.Well done Rassie👍👍👍

flock of these birds were feeding on parts of the blooms on a specific willow tree. Not sure if this was a Salix Caprea (Goat Willow) or Salix Discolor (Pu**y Willow). First time I saw waxwings feed on the remains of the little flowers. Some of their beaks were awash in pollen.
I love it Rassie, really nice color, framing, sense of environment. Really nicely captured!

These birds are so beautiful.Well done Rassie👍👍👍
Thanks, Ralph. They are a favorite of mine.

Fantastic photo !!
Thanks, Maurie.

I love it Rassie, really nice color, framing, sense of environment. Really nicely captured!
Thanks, Dave. This was a new location for me, and close to the west end of Lake Ontario. I'll for sure go back there - plenty of photo opportunities to mine still.

Nice shot!
Thanks, Steven. :)

Great framing and capture, plus the colors too!
Thanks, Joe. We haven't had sunny days like this one for a while, so it was nice to have some blue sky showing as well. It contrasts the yellows nicely.