I cant tell if I like this photo or hate it.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Wes Peterson

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Something about it is cool but I think it might be too busy..... but at the same time I kinda like how busy the bokeh is. I just dont know.

_Z995223-Enhanced-NR-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Interesting photo. The first thing I saw was the bright background bokeh "balls". it took a second to "see" the bird. If you wish to draw more attention to the bird, you should consider toning down the background. In the end, though, it is your call and only you need to really like the final product.

The bird capture is very nice, well defined and well presented. Nicely framed.

Last edited:
I'm liking it and would see some potential for maybe cropping or eliminating parts.

Different photos can have different uses. It is not something I would hang on my wall, but it would be very useful in an article or book on urban wildlife. It might even be worth entering in the urban wildlife category of Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition.

Not that there isn't good advice out there, but when you do things the way you like and you get compliments, there are no better compliments. ;)
Personally, I think it's a little artsy with the bright bokeh balls, they kind of give it a Christmasy feel, and I think it's interesting, it's not your standard 'bird standing still.'

Back