"i"menu changes non responsive in Z6II

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I'm still very new to the camera, but initially I was able to assign items from the Menu to the "i"button menu. Now that function does not work. As an example, my current "i" menu has two white balance functions in my menu. I have tried multiple times to have one of these removed without success and replace the space with another menu item. But the "i" menu defaults back to where it was without any change. I have basically what I need for shooting modes, etc, but wondering if this is "pilot error" or what. Thanx.

You have to hit the "OK" button after making your selection.
My procedure is to highlight the item in the 'I' menu I want to change. Then go to the menu and select what I want to put in the "i" menu and click ok on that. The page then defaults back to the "i" menu with no change. I don't know if I did something in the "i" menu along the way, but the normal procedure doesn't make any changes. Thanks.

My procedure is to highlight the item in the 'I' menu I want to change. Then go to the menu and select what I want to put in the "i" menu and click ok on that. The page then defaults back to the "i" menu with no change. I don't know if I did something in the "i" menu along the way, but the normal procedure doesn't make any changes. Thanks.
Your approach should work, but the changes you can make are limited to the variations on what’s already in the particular i menu cell. For example, I have image area in one of the i menu cells. Using your approach I can only change it to another image area option.

Try making i menu changes in Custom settings—> Controls—> Customize i menu. I think that’s f1. See what happens then.

Your approach should work, but the changes you can make are limited to the variations on what’s already in the particular i menu cell. For example, I have image area in one of the i menu cells. Using your approach I can only change it to another image area option.

Try making i menu changes in Custom settings—> Controls—> Customize i menu. I think that’s f1. See what happens then.
Thanks a lot. That solved it. Thought I was following the procedure, but was going out side of custom parameters. Thx again for your help. I'll post a note that it is resolved.

Back