Iguazu Falls South America

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Gaduf

Iguazu Falls in South America is located on the borders of Argentina and Brazil.
A world heritage sight attracting over 1.7 million visitors annually.
The falls are 2700 meters wide with a height of 80 meters and have an average flow rate of 1600 cubic meters per second.
They can be viewed from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides giving one different perspectives of this natural wonder.
My wife and I were fortunate to visit here recently .
Gavin
1687269762967.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

1687269834569.jpeg
1687270024500.jpeg

1687270205655.jpeg
1687270319853.jpeg

1687270475968.jpeg
1687270563053.jpeg

Great photos @Gaduf, thanks for sharing! Did you visit the Brazil or Argentina side, or both?
Hi Jonathon,
Many thanks for looking and commenting,
We managed to get to both sides which was really well worth it as each side offered different perspectives of the falls.
Regards,
Gavin

Fantastic images, Gavin! I was there many, many years ago...like when I was 2 or 3. Don't really remember it, obviously, but your photos make me want to go back!

Thank you for sharing!

Iguazu Falls in South America is located on the borders of Argentina and Brazil.
A world heritage sight attracting over 1.7 million visitors annually.
The falls are 2700 meters wide with a height of 80 meters and have an average flow rate of 1600 cubic meters per second.
They can be viewed from both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides giving one different perspectives of this natural wonder.
My wife and I were fortunate to visit here recently .
Gavin
View attachment 63797
View attachment 63798View attachment 63799
View attachment 63801View attachment 63802

View attachment 63803View attachment 63804
WOW! You have some fantastic shots! I'd love to have the last one on my desktop! One day I'm going to get me a telephoto lens so I can take some better shots with my Nikon D3200. Keep up the good work! :)

Fantastic images, Gavin! I was there many, many years ago...like when I was 2 or 3. Don't really remember it, obviously, but your photos make me want to go back!

Thank you for sharing!
Many thanks for looking and commenting Mike,
Definitely worth a trip.
We visited both the Brazil and Argentina sides of the falls.
Regards,
Gavin

That boardwalk looks cool and pretty amazing how they were able to build it over an actively flowing river.
Hi Fred,
Many thanks for looking and commenting.
The boardwalk is an amazing piece of construction and engineering, and from what I understand design and construction started in 1912 [designed by a Frenchman].
The walkway pillars/supports were constructed by piling into the rock formations and building spans across the supports , I assume during lower water level periods.
New additional walkways were installed in 1999, and these are apparently retractable allowing them to be pulled in when the water level and pressures exceed safe levels. [Source: Journey Latin America ]
Gavin

WOW! You have some fantastic shots! I'd love to have the last one on my desktop! One day I'm going to get me a telephoto lens so I can take some better shots with my Nikon D3200. Keep up the good work! :)
Hi Bat Pup,
Glad you enjoyed the pictures,
I can email you the last one if you like, pm me your contact details.
Gavin

Beautiful set of images Gavin! I can only imagine the feeling of standing down on the boardwalk. Awesome.
Many thanks for looking and commenting J,
The boardwalks were perfectly positioned to appreciate the magnificence of this natural wonder - I frequently had to put my camera in a waterproof bag to prevent it from getting wet and fortunately there were sufficient viewpoints where the spray was not an issue and one could take photos.
Regards
Gavin

Back