I'm sure this guy was a tadpole still, 15 minutes before I spotted him: (North) American Toad

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ssheipel

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A Killdeer couple went crazy as I apparently neared their nest this morning so I was walking by watching carefully where each foot landed lest I step on their oh-so-very-well-camouflaged nest (and thus eggs or nestlings). My upper brain (which ain't all that upper :D ) processed a message that the part of my brain lower down the stem was sending -- 'um, did you see that small pebble jump out of the way of your foot?' -- and I realised I'd spotted, as it turns out, a tiny (North) American Toad. Teeny tiny in size; would easily fit on a nickel.
(North) American Toad sized.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

A Killdeer couple went crazy as I apparently neared their nest this morning so I was walking by watching carefully where each foot landed lest I step on their oh-so-very-well-camouflaged nest (and thus eggs or nestlings). My upper brain (which ain't all that upper :D ) processed a message that the part of my brain lower down the stem was sending -- 'um, did you see that small pebble jump out of the way of your foot?' -- and I realised I'd spotted, as it turns out, a tiny (North) American Toad. Teeny tiny in size; would easily fit on a nickel.
View attachment 65297
Beautiful capture, love the details

Oliver

Nice capture of the little guy, Steven. You lower brain is a hero! Because of its quick actions, you avoided stepping on him and saved him. 🎖️🏆👏🍻😁

View attachment 65297
Cool impromptu shot Steven!

Back