Images Blended with Artistic Effects

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BarkingBeans Coffee

Michael H
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I am curious if anyone blends any of their wildlife images with an artistic version of the surroundings. Not via AI but your own use Photoshop or another program.

Here are some that I tried. These are blended watercolor application. I was expanding my PS skills and thought I would tried these and wondered if anyone else did the same. On the Zebra the little guy was my favorite of all we saw but I could never get an image in this pose with mom looking our way. She was too interested in feeding, so I thought I would try this.

I don’t. I try to keep my images as natural as possible. If this is the type of image you like, go for it. If that’s the case, then I think these are good, but they’re not my taste, so I don’t really know if they’re “good” or not.

I am curious if anyone blends any of their wildlife images with an artistic version of the surroundings. Not via AI but your own use Photoshop or another program.

Here are some that I tried. These are blended watercolor application. I was expanding my PS skills and thought I would tried these and wondered if anyone else did the same. On the Zebra the little guy was my favorite of all we saw but I could never get an image in this pose with mom looking our way. She was too interested in feeding, so I thought I would try this.

Very nice! I started a thread a couple of years ago that had a few responses you might find interesting: (you may have to search for it)

Getting Creative with Wildlife photos.​

I play with some of my “also ran” images to make Christmas and birthday cards…
hoopoe textures.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
kingfisher.jpeg
crestie re-edit.jpeg

A Fine art style vs a journalistic style is a "thing" and seldom the 2 will meet in a portfolio.
Creating and developing a style for one's photography can be fun but also very lucrative. And everything goes in art - artistic licence is also a "thing"

I like both lots of images - both styles are great - and you both did well. Like Kristy said - they might do nothing or get dumped anyway.

There is a lot of noise when this kind of thing is done - and I think it's way past time to move beyond this attitude. There is a place for all types of art in photography.

Of the 2 you presented, I like the zebra better. It looks more intentional in the treatment. Also, the interaction between baby and mama may be a more compelling scene for this type of artwork.

Not something I've tried but I have played around with various types of editing on my photos. I have no problem with it at all. As someone above said it is all art and whatever you enjoy is fine.

Jeff

Back