Images From Jones and Nickerson Beach visits past few days

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DanG

Thanks for taking a look.

1639745750636.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

1639745816054.jpeg

1639745785687.jpeg

1639745858432.jpeg

Nice shots. Are using ND filters?
Morgan, I starting photographing in August of 21 so I’m learning. I haven’t explored using filters. I need to learn the timely benefits. These photos were taken by hand with a z50 and a 24-70 Nikkor z lens. Thanks for responding to the shots. Advice is always taken positively.

@DanG , great images! all people like #2 but I also like #1 because there is a big wave and a person on the right gives a good scale it. And I like the composition of #4. #3 looks a bit oversaturated (?)

@DanG , great images! all people like #2 but I also like #1 because there is a big wave and a person on the right gives a good scale it. And I like the composition of #4. #3 looks a bit oversaturated (?)
You are so right. I’ve been taking a lot of beach photos the past few weeks (25-35 degree weather) and I’m learning (albeit slowly). Went back to the original and it looked pretty good. I processed it too much so it turned the clouds into a soupy mess.

if you like the composition of 3, I explored yesterday with a more wide open scene and I felt like this one has potential. I turned away from the Atlantic Ocean where the sun had come up about 20 minutes prior. This is what I saw. Thanks for your feedback. I’m grateful as I’ve been taking photos only since August 21. Your work is wonderful btw.

1640212425859.jpeg

I explored yesterday with a more wide open scene and I felt like this one has potential
that has a huge potential!! I would go back again (and again ;-) and try the other compositions like for example, less bottom, more sky, house in the middle with wide angle to emphasis "loneliness" Or house in 1/3 composition, or house where the door is... and so on. Different focal length as well.
There is a channel in YouTube of Mads Peter Iveersen. I recommend you to have a look. He has similar minimalistic photos and actually it is one of the best landscape-channels on YouTube!
I would come also at night for nightscapes to this house. ;-)
Thank you for compliment 🙂 Soon I will also give you a lot of appreciation and admiration taking in account how far you already are starting on 21.08!!(y)
I am eager to see new pics of the house+landscape. Don't miss the bad wether by the way.

#2 and 4 for me. especially #4. I like vast open space appearance. Is that the shack in the distance that shows in last photo posted?

#2 and 4 for me. especially #4. I like vast open space appearance. Is that the shack in the distance that shows in last photo posted?
Yes it is. In #4 I am northwest of the shack looking toward the sunrise. In the extra posted photo, I was on the shoreline looking back north at a similar time on a different day.

Yes it is. In #4 I am northwest of the shack looking toward the sunrise. In the extra posted photo, I was on the shoreline looking back north at a similar time on a different day.
I am into the grass in the foreground house in distance. Still my favorite.

Back