Images suddenly disappeared from threads!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

IainD

Something went wrong yesterday. I can no longer see any images on the website in Safari!
Running OS Sonoma, latest version. I have changed no settings.
Any ideas would be received with great relief!
I
Images are suddenly back as if nothing had happened. No images last night or this morning, now suddenly back to normal.
Thank you.

Last edited:
Something went wrong yesterday. I can no longer see any images on the website in Safari!
Running OS Sonoma, latest version. I have changed no settings.
Any ideas would be received with great relief!
I
Images are suddenly back as if nothing had happened. No images last night or this morning, now suddenly back to normal.
Thank you.
I think there was a temporary issue with the site yesterday. Didn’t last long

Anyone still seeing the problems?

I have noticed intermediate hangs here and there when posting or even liking, but not an inability to scroll or load images.

Another thing I've noticed for a long time is that when someone posts multiple images to a thread you can't always click on an image to open the light box(or whatever it's called). Sometimes it works, sometimes only some of the images will be there, and sometimes doesn't work at all. Seemingly random behavior.

Another thing I've noticed for a long time is that when someone posts multiple images to a thread you can't always click on an image to open the light box(or whatever it's called). Sometimes it works, sometimes only some of the images will be there, and sometimes doesn't work at all. Seemingly random behavior.
Here's an example. Go to post #159 in this thread . Four images posted. You can only click on the last one of the four and only it opens up. I find the light box(or whatever it's called) to be a really useful feature when people post images large enough that I can't see the whole image on my screen when viewed on the forum page.

Here's an example. Go to post #159 in this thread . Four images posted. You can only click on the last one of the four and only it opens up. I find the light box(or whatever it's called) to be a really useful feature when people post images large enough that I can't see the whole image on my screen when viewed on the forum page.
That is weird. There's gotta be a reason, but I'm scratching my head at the moment.

Also, what operating system / browser are you using? I'm trying to see if it's a server issue or a browser / OS issue.

I updated the PHP version for the site, we'll see if that helps with the random lags we're seeing. Still not sure on the Lightbox thing though.

I just tried the thread and post that Dan referenced. It worked fine on my IPad. So perhaps Steve resolved the issue?

FWIW, I've been having some strange but not terrible forum issues for at least a few days now. This is with Safari v17.1. A few things I've noticed:

- Sometimes the scroll bar and page locks up and I can't move up or down but can click on Forums and get back to a top level

- When writing or editing posts there's a strange proportional spacing behavior that sometimes happens, basically the text on previous lines and previous paragraphs that I've already written starts jumping around and re-spacing themselves as I type. Doesn't seem to cause a problem but it isn't normal.

- I haven't seen problems with posted images but from time to time half or more of the top bar BCG bear logo doesn't show up even if I refresh the page. Of course I can't seem to make that happen right now but I'll try to grab a screen capture next time I see it.

I just tried the thread and post that Dan referenced. It worked fine on my IPad. So perhaps Steve resolved the issue?
Nope. Still doing it. Seems very random. But since you mentioned that it works with iPad I tried using my phone. Works on the phone. So there's another piece of info @Steve . It does seem to be device/OS related. Or at least behaves differently.

FWIW, I've been having some strange but not terrible forum issues for at least a few days now. This is with Safari v17.1. A few things I've noticed:

- Sometimes the scroll bar and page locks up and I can't move up or down but can click on Forums and get back to a top level

- When writing or editing posts there's a strange proportional spacing behavior that sometimes happens, basically the text on previous lines and previous paragraphs that I've already written starts jumping around and re-spacing themselves as I type. Doesn't seem to cause a problem but it isn't normal.

- I haven't seen problems with posted images but from time to time half or more of the top bar BCG bear logo doesn't show up even if I refresh the page. Of course I can't seem to make that happen right now but I'll try to grab a screen capture next time I see it.
Is it still locking? I updated the server about an hour ago to PHP 8 and it seems faster and more responsive.

I think the writing thing is something with Safari. I see it on other text input boxes as well on other sites.

Not sure on the third item, let me know if you see it again. It might be a cache thing - it tired to load, didn't fully, and now is stuck in your cache (or Cloud Flare's cache).

Is it still locking? I updated the server about an hour ago to PHP 8 and it seems faster and more responsive.

I think the writing thing is something with Safari. I see it on other text input boxes as well on other sites.

Not sure on the third item, let me know if you see it again. It might be a cache thing - it tired to load, didn't fully, and now is stuck in your cache (or Cloud Flare's cache).

I’ll keep an eye on it and let you know and try a Safari reset.

Dans examples are still not working on my Mac (except for #4). Mac OS 14.1.1, Safari 17.7 and also Firefox 119.0.1. Both browsers behave the same.

Back