Imaging Cloud-???

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

It will be interesting to see how this pans out though creating and maintaining such streams require huge capital investments and resources. Others have tried and failed.

On one of the Nikon launch videos I saw mentioned that eventually all Z cameras would be updated to support it.
Thank you, I did not notice that.

If they pull off the entire concept they’re marketing, this will be huge with the casual photographer, as well as those of us who like to shoot SOOC when possible. The biggest barrier to “real cameras” is the extra steps to get photos into the users’ cloud for sharing.

I’m particularly interested in what these “cloud picture controls” are all about. If I could make myself a couple “recipes” and send flagged JPEGs to my iCloud with a “good enough” look, and also send all my RAWs to Lightroom, I’d greatly reduce the turnaround time to get photos to people.

I’m particularly interested in what these “cloud picture controls” are all about. If I could make myself a couple “recipes” and send flagged JPEGs to my iCloud with a “good enough” look, and also send all my RAWs to Lightroom, I’d greatly reduce the turnaround time to get photos to people.
My understanding is there will be an additional menu of picture controls (beyond what’s available in-camera currently) which can be downloaded to a camera. I’m told that Nikon is working with advisors to develop what will be available through the cloud service.

I expect you’ll be able to direct selected jpgs to iCloud or OneDrive or Dropbox, etc while directing selected raw images to Lightroom.

I think that’s exactly what this is about. Create your own recipes, or get them from pros, apply to raw files transferred from the camera, then post directly on social media and/or your own website. Would take away or reduce the use of a phone to snap a picture alongside the main camera .

Back