In Cameo --- Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Gottshotz

Supporting Member
Marketplace
dg bots may 2011 691.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

First described by David Livingston in 1855, the falls were known to the local Sotho tribe as "the smoke that thunders ", and are the world's largest sheet of falling water. Formed by the Zambezi River, the falls sit on the Zambia/Zimbabwe border and this shot was taken from the Zimbabwean side, where the climatic conditions have created a niche tropical rain forest ecosystem.
D60 with Nikon 24-85mm. at 24mm., f10, ISO 180, 1/250 Sec., handheld. 13/05/11.

A beaut place and pov too. I sò wish to see it again
I agree Callie, although to get to it from Chobe did include several cans of coke to grease the palms of the Zimbabwean border guards --- Mugabe didn't like British passport holders in those days !

Now that's a few years ago I'd guess. I don't think they've had a water flow like that for a while. I've approached from Zambia as I'm not a huge fan of Zim. Great shot.

Now that's a few years ago I'd guess. I don't think they've had a water flow like that for a while. I've approached from Zambia as I'm not a huge fan of Zim. Great shot.
Yes you're right--- about 7 years I think and certainly any recent shots I've seen show a very diminished water flow ---presumably drought although most of Africa's great rivers are being robbed of water for human consumption or industry at an alarming rate!

Back