In search for the Steve Perry of video making

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

As you can see from the title do I look for a person that is making content on YouTube and perhaps paid video courses on how to master, preferable, the Nikon Z8/Z9 for wildlife video.
Not so much on the framing and such but more the technicality of things:
- settings on the camera
- handle the camera with semi or long size lens
- other tips & tricks

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

This is one person whose focus is on ENG video which is similar to wildlife in terms of the need for mobility and shooting in a wide range of conditions.

Best if the person is a Nikon Z user as the environment is different for Canon and Sony shooters. For example there are things I could do with a Ninja recorder with a Canon R6 that I cannot do with the Z9.

There is also a gap between video and audio and to a degree the user needs to take both tracks and learn how to deal with each and then how to blend it all in post - efficiently.

I've trying to find the same thing. Just ran across this gent's videos for the first time over the weekend, thought his review was well done (did think his clips of the camera monitor to demonstrate how the menu's were set up were a bit quick) but thought he explained things well. Shoots Z8, emphasis on birds. A place to start. Hope this helps.

The vids from Pangolin Safari with Sabine (noted elsewhere on this blog) did a very good job with describing the 'art' side of videos.

There is only one Steve Perry. (sorry, I couldn't resist). Peanut Chu does make good videos and the couple email exchanges and YouTube exchanges I've had with him he seems like a decent fellow too.

I would suggest avoiding most of the "click bait, brand fanboy, "I'm going to call out this channel or that channel" type sites. The dripping drama gets tiring. Even though they will occasionally post some good content, wading through the muck to find the good stuff can be laborious.

Jeff

Back