Insects

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Nikon Z7-2 Nikon 105mm z macro lens
I got to get out a while this morning with this lens and I'm blown away by the rendering of the images from this lens. Highly recommend it!
1-Bumblebee on a bergamot
2-Monarch butterfly
3-Northern pearly-eye butterfly
4-Blue dasher dragonfly
5-Pipevine swallowtail butterfly
Z72_2046-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Z72_2119-Edit-2.jpg
Z72_2125-Edit.jpg
Z72_2177-Enhanced-Edit.jpg
Z72_2201-Edit.jpg

Outstanding! New camera and lens? Does it focus stack? In camera focus stacking would be really nice.
I’ve had the camera a couple months. I had the original z7 before. It does focus stack and I’m eager to try it with this lens. I had the original 105 VR macro lens for several lens and this lens is substantially better. It’s really light as well. I honestly think it even surpasses my 200mm f/4 lens which is impressive.

I might be convinced to buy a mirrorless camera just for this lens!!

They love that lens!!
I can tell you for certain that this lens absolutely blows away any macro lens I’ve ever used and honestly any normal lens I’ve ever used. I’d give this lens a perfect 10/10 rating in every aspect. The f mount 105 VR is not even in the same league with this lens.

Back