Introduction

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hello All: After many years as a member and watching the forum but never contributing I hope I can contribute and give back a small portion of what I have learned from you folks over the years. I am Jim Leigh and started my photograph journey like many with a Pentax K1000, back then Nikon was the Holy Grail and I eventually was able to move up to a F3HP and FM, still 2 of my favorites. When Digital came along Cannon seemed to have the best technology at the time and my wife and I left Nikon and went with and stayed with them for 17 years. When Mirrorless came along we sold all the Cannon equipment including the long lenses. My wife choose to go with Nikon, a Z7 and I made the switch to Sony. Although I was never really comfortable with the size of the bodies I really enjoyed the Zeiss and Voightlander lenses for Landscape work as well as there long lenses. My issue was always every time I handled or used my wife's, Z7 and or Z7II I realized how much I missed Nikon. Last year I finally made the decision and sold all my Sony gear and bought into Nikon. For my wildlife/birding combination I choose a Z9 and 400 2.8TC. After 10 months I evaluated my images in Lightroom and as I expected over 80% were shot at 600 and above. Although it was an incredible lens I sold the 400, purchased and just received a new 600 f4 TC. This morning was the first time I had it out in the field and wanted to share one of the first images I shot with the new 600 f4. Needless to say I couldn't be happier with the lens.

Attachments

• DSC_8095-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    DSC_8095-Enhanced-NR.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Welcome to BCG! So glad you came out of the shadows and joined us! ;)

Congrats on getting the 600mm TC! I LOVE that lens! And what a beautiful image you already created with it! Well done!

Back