INVZI 100W GaN USB Charger - is it safe to use

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ivan Rothman

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I've been a big fan of the INVZI 65W GaN charger. Using it to charge Z9 EN-EN18d battery, iPhone, etc. Has 2 USB-c and 1 USB-a ports. Can also charge my laptop.
Now I want to get the INVZI 100W GaN charger. A little larger. More power. 3 USB-c ports and 1 USB-a ports.
But I've seen a rare review that says it is too powerful and damaged small unit, such as a phone.
Anyone have experience with these chargers?

I've been a big fan of the INVZI 65W GaN charger. Using it to charge Z9 EN-EN18d battery, iPhone, etc. Has 2 USB-c and 1 USB-a ports. Can also charge my laptop.
Now I want to get the INVZI 100W GaN charger. A little larger. More power. 3 USB-c ports and 1 USB-a ports.
But I've seen a rare review that says it is too powerful and damaged small unit, such as a phone.
I don't have personal experience with this device. However for PD rated chargers in general the device being charged needs to be compatible. Any newer phones etc that support fast charging should be fine. Did the review that you saw give any details as to what was damaged? Also keep in mind the fake reviews are rampant on the web. It's possible that competitors are generating fake bad reviews. All that said, there are so many brands out there I tend to stick with those with a fairly long track record like Anker. Also Amazon essentials is pretty reliable.

A charger cannot ruin a device by being 'too powerful'. With PD chargers there is a negotiation that takes place between charger and device to establish charge voltage.

BUT....Lithium Batteries don't like to be fully charged and a fully charged Lithium battery won't last as long as an uncharged one. And overcharging is really bad. All that is up to the manufacturer of the device tho. But generally speaking it's best not to have lithium batteries fully charged unless they need to be (Ie my Iphone 15Pro cuts off charging at 80% charge to prolong battery life).

But to answer your question directly, I have that same exact charger and it works fine with the Z8, Z9, MacBook Pro, iPhone, and Headphones.

Back