It seemed wise to REPLY and enter same subject photos? but is that stealing someone elses post?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

seemed logical to click hummingbirds and see a LOT of them - instead of one photo then back out and back in elsewhere to see another photo.
Would it work to just REPLY and post another photo of the same subject in a thread someone else started?
I'll start a new one, I'm new here.

Welcome to BCG! Glad to have you join us!

In the Presentation galleries, members usually start a thread to share their images. Thus, we ask that you not post your images in a thread started by someone else.

However, if there is a discussion thread about a specific lens, technique, etc. and images are appropriate to demonstrate a point, then posting images your might be appropriate. If you want to post images in a thread started by another member, it is best to contact the OP and ask if he is OK with others posting images in his thread.

The only times I’ve posted a photo in someone’s thread when it wasn’t like above (post your photos of xxx here) was when it added to the discussion. One came to mind about a butterfly and I posted a photo of its caterpillar. I wouldn’t want to hijack someone’s thread.

Jeff

Back