Jagged Ambush Bug

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Here's a jagged ambush bug waiting, waiting for an insect to arrive -- then comes lunch.

Jagged Ambush Bug.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Such a great image! And now you having me wan to learn more! So I Googled Ambush bug....

"Assassin bugs - 12,000 deaths a year. The assassin bug, also called the kissing bug, is responsible for carrying Chagas disease, which kills about 12,000 people a year on average"

WOW!

Such a great image! And now you having me wan to learn more! So I Googled Ambush bug....

"Assassin bugs - 12,000 deaths a year. The assassin bug, also called the kissing bug, is responsible for carrying Chagas disease, which kills about 12,000 people a year on average"

WOW!
The "kissing bug" is a completely different insect and much, much larger. There are a lot of true bugs called assassin or ambush bugs (over 150 species), but most of what they assassinate are other insects.

Back