If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hobbzz

I know they're invasive and we actively remove them from our gardens but they sure are a beautiful insect. The baby frog was about the size of a dime. These are my first attempts at stacking and I've got a lot to learn!

japanese beetle BCG-.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

robberfly BCG-.jpg

tree frog 1496 BCG-.jpg

tree frog BCG-.jpg

These are very nice! Looks like you have a pretty good handle on the focus stacking. :)

Thanks for the kind words, but these were very hard to get lol. Definitely need to work on my technique and make it a little easier on myself. I usually spend about 60 seconds editing my bird/mammal images and these ones took considerably longer with all the fine tuning. I think I spent about 30 minutes on the frog with the flower haha.

Thanks for the kind words, but these were very hard to get lol. Definitely need to work on my technique and make it a little easier on myself. I usually spend about 60 seconds editing my bird/mammal images and these ones took considerably longer with all the fine tuning. I think I spent about 30 minutes on the frog with the flower haha.
Understand. Been there, done that! :)

Very nice set! Well captured and presented. Stacking takes time to master and requires a quiet, non--windy place to shoot. These are a nice start.
Spending 30 minutes on the frog does not sound bad. You are lucky it stayed put for you.

Very nice set! Well captured and presented. Stacking takes time to master and requires a quiet, non--windy place to shoot. These are a nice start.
Spending 30 minutes on the frog does not sound bad. You are lucky it stayed put for you.
Thanks! I only spent about 10 minutes shooting it, but yes I was lucky it stayed put. Editing was 30 minutes which is too long in front of the computer for one image lol!