Juvenile Bald Eagle

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The numbers of Bald Eagles this spring in southern MN has been incredible. I counted around 5 dozen at this slough the day I was there but this was the only one close enough for a decent photo.
ce2a637c-8ec1-4892-8b0a-cc8a6a9d97d9.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I think the extra high shutter speed reduced the light a little too much, it's on the dark side and a little noisy, but other than that, it's a nice capture.

I think the extra high shutter speed reduced the light a little too much, it's on the dark side and a little noisy, but other than that, it's a nice capture.
I agree with it being a bit on the dark side but considering the time of day and my intended subject, I was wary about blowing the highlights. Then again, it really isn't much of an issue with a juvenile like it would be with an adult. Thanks for your observation.

I agree with it being a bit on the dark side but considering the time of day and my intended subject, I was wary about blowing the highlights. Then again, it really isn't much of an issue with a juvenile like it would be with an adult. Thanks for your observation.
I see. That bright light can pose a problem. Not too much though if the white spots are very small.

Back