If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Gaduf

Caught this Gabar Goshawk in flight.
Taken in the Kalaghadi Transfrontier Park ,South Africa.
Gavin
1709913803531.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice capture, Gavin.
Many thanks Kirk,
Appreciate your feedback.
Gavin
Excellent shot Gavin
Many Thanks Ralph,
Much appreciated.
Gavin
Great position in the air. Nice job!
Many Thanks Woody
Glad you enjoyed the image.
Gavin
Nice one Gavin. They are a little bit easier than the adults to approach. They are beautiful small raptors!
Many Thanks Callie,
This was taken from the hide at Nossob.
Gavin

Gavin - That's a great place, if one is lucky. Got a melanistic Gabar there two visits ago!
Callie we were lucky and the hide was empty with not much happening at the waterhole until the Goshawk arrived.
I am amazed at how frequently you visit KTP - We really battle to get any camping bookings - always full.
Gavin

Callie we were lucky and the hide was empty with not much happening at the waterhole until the Goshawk arrived.
I am amazed at how frequently you visit KTP - We really battle to get any camping bookings - always full.
Gavin
Thanks, Gavin. You have to book a year in advance. We do not camp so it is more expensive but we try to get in one visit a year if we can. There is Kruger too. Because we are going to Oz this year, I cancelled my two Kgalagadi trips! But we have 10 days in Kruger for October. We normally go Jan/Feb because then there was the pensioner's discount. We used to go in Decembers when I worked, but lately we had some October trips too. I want to see if we can get May 2025, no discount, days not so long, but a good time. The reason we like October is that there may be babies - but last October was dead - just lions, lions, and lions, not a single small animal except jackals.
You must also check SANS website for Kgalagadi - there are often cancellations and if you are not tied up in work, then it may be possible to get a few days - has happened to us 😇

Thanks, Gavin. You have to book a year in advance. We do not camp so it is more expensive but we try to get in one visit a year if we can. There is Kruger too. Because we are going to Oz this year, I cancelled my two Kgalagadi trips! But we have 10 days in Kruger for October. We normally go Jan/Feb because then there was the pensioner's discount. We used to go in Decembers when I worked, but lately we had some October trips too. I want to see if we can get May 2025, no discount, days not so long, but a good time. The reason we like October is that there may be babies - but last October was dead - just lions, lions, and lions, not a single small animal except jackals.
You must also check SANS website for Kgalagadi - there are often cancellations and if you are not tied up in work, then it may be possible to get a few days - has happened to us 😇
Thanks Callie ,
Appreciate your advice,
Gavin