If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

This is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken. This is at Kansas' Maxwell Wildlife Refuge in central Kansas. It's a bit of never-plowed mixed-grass prairie with 250+ bison and 80+ elk on 2800 acres (~1100 ha). This was a photo trip with a bunch of other photographers who were standing on the road through the refuge. I saw the wonderful colors and I knew that if I could get higher, I could get those wonderful oranges, so I climbed a hill about 250 m to the right to get this.

Maxwell Pastels.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

This is one of my favorite photos I've ever taken. This is at Kansas' Maxwell Wildlife Refuge in central Kansas. It's a bit of never-plowed mixed-grass prairie with 250+ bison and 80+ elk on 2800 acres (~1100 ha). This was a photo trip with a bunch of other photographers who were standing on the road through the refuge. I saw the wonderful colors and I knew that if I could get higher, I could get those wonderful oranges, so I climbed a hill about 250 m to the right to get this.

View attachment 10821
Beautiful Shot!

View attachment 10821
Hi Sean, that's gorgeous. Great choice on climbing the hill. Fabulous composition.

JIM

Sean, if I could ask what were your settings on that shot? It truly is stunning!
I was at 190 mm on my D850 + Tamron 150-600 G2, f5 (should have stopped down a bit!), ISO 200, 1/320th, and probably on my gimbal.

I have this printed and nicely framed up in my entry way. I'll always love this shot.