Katmai – Bears and Cubs

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

S_Funk

Supporting Member
Marketplace
We had an amazing trip to Katmai in mid-August. At one point, we counted 18 bears visible around us. While I’m a bit slow doing post processing, here are a few favorites. I absolutely loved seeing the first-year cubs (always close to mom) and the adults chasing and catching salmon. What an experience!
Alaska_Katmai-230814NIKON Z 9269.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Alaska_Katmai-230817NIKON Z 912504.jpg
Alaska_Katmai-230817NIKON Z 911667.jpg
Alaska_Katmai-230817NIKON Z 911855.jpg
Alaska_Katmai-230814NIKON Z 9920.jpg

Awesome series Well done👍👍👍
Ralph, Thanks!
WOW, super exciting action snaps.
Charles, Yes, I loved the action that we were seeing.
Great stuff. It was a good year on the coast.
NorthernFocus, I appreciate the comment, especially after seeing your amazing Katmai photos!
Very nice set, you've captured some good memories there!
K9Kirk, Thanks. Yes, I think we all appreciate our own photos even more because of the memories that they evoke of the setting when & where the photo was taken. This was a special trip and I'm left with great memories every time I look at one of the photos.
Terrific series, with those cubs taking the prize for me.
Louis, As much as I enjoyed the action, my favorites were the first-year cubs as well.

Just great. Lovely.
Steven, Thanks. I've also seen some excellent shots that you've posted recently.
Very nice set 👏
Dionigi, Wow!!! After seeing your recent IBEX photo, I feel honored by your comment. Your IBEX photo has so many wonderful compliments, I didn't know what I could add to the string....other than to simply 'like' the image.

Back