Kentucky Warbler

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Taken last year in May on its breeding grounds. I posted a photo of the same bird last year, but this is a different photo. A little backstory: My 300 F/4 D AF-S stopped recognizing my TC14 so I shot this at 300mm. I sat still on the forest floor for a few hours in its territory and grabbed some shots as it hopped around and landed on this close ground level branch.

D7500 + 300 F/4 D AF-S
1/800 F/4 ISO 320 300mm

51804316716_90147ec10e_h.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Beautiful, 2hrs is a long time to capture one image, glad it worked out. Guessing it is still better than a Deer hunter sitting in tree stand for 8 hrs and see nothing :)

Beautiful, 2hrs is a long time to capture one image, glad it worked out. Guessing it is still better than a Deer hunter sitting in tree stand for 8 hrs and see nothing :)
Thanks! I came only to photograph this guy and it was worth the wait. I actually took a few hundred photos with maybe 20 keepers. Just watching him bounce around on the ground foraging for food and taking breaks to sing was worth it alone.

Outstanding photo. You have more patience than I do; I can sit at a wetland for two hours since there's always some activity: dragonflies, muskrats, ducks -- but to just sit in the woods, I'd fall asleep.
Haha thanks! Luckily this guy was super active the entire time. I was just waiting for the perfect perch, background, and pose. A Hooded Warbler and Baltimore Oriole showed up while I was waiting so it wasn't all bad.

Taken last year in May on its breeding grounds. I posted a photo of the same bird last year, but this is a different photo. A little backstory: My 300 F/4 D AF-S stopped recognizing my TC14 so I shot this at 300mm. I sat still on the forest floor for a few hours in its territory and grabbed some shots as it hopped around and landed on this close ground level branch.

D7500 + 300 F/4 D AF-S
1/800 F/4 ISO 320 300mm

View attachment 36329
Gorgeous looking shot!👍👍👍

D7500 + 300 F/4 D AF-S
1/800 F/4 ISO 320 300mm

View attachment 36329
Beautiful bird and shot!. Yes my patience is around the next corner from wherever I am! My experience with long waits is I get home and the bird I spent hrs stalking is sitting on my water fountain.

Back