King Parrot

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Robert S

This parrot visits most days. Nice natured bird. It tends to get chased away by Rainbow Lorikeets [ AKA feathered rats ].
Photo taken with Canon R7 100-400 Mk II with a Sigma 1.4 extender. Processed using LRC and Topaz denoise.

King Parrot 17 10 24 -2380-DeNoiseAI-standard resize.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Beautiful mugshot, Robert. We call the Rock pigeons Flying Rats.
Thanks for the post Callie. I used to shoot common wood pigeon (Columba palumbus) when I lived in the UK. At the time I believed it to be the most common bird in England. Did a lot of damage to cereal crops. Similar thing occured in Western Australia in the 1930's.

Great! I would love to have such a visitor each day!
Thanks for the post Woody. King Parrots are a beautiful bird. They are well natured birds that get chased away from food by most other species. Over the last few years I have photographed them a lot. Don't study them as such because that would remove the magic of the experience. All the following photos were taken from the deck of my granny flat ten feet from where I sit at my computer. These are some photos I've taken:

This one shows the upper beak being grooved. Was a thrill getting that one.

new perch king crop for beak grooves 07 12 21 PP2- resize.jpg

A4 King Parrot 01 03 21--SharpenAI-motion resize.jpg

IMG_3908 1 (1 of 1) resize.jpg

IMG_4215 resize.jpg

IMG_4272 1 (1 of 1) resize.jpg

IMG_4279 1 (1 of 1) resize.jpg

King 10 11 23-0344 PP2 resize.jpg

Back