Kirk L bracket for Nikon Z9

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

sh1209

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I ordered the Kirk L bracket from B&H photo back in February and finally received it today. I was really apprehensive about spending $250 on an L bracket but I’m certainly glad I did. I have bought numerous L brackets over the years from different manufacturers and I have to say without a doubt this is the best, most well constructed L bracket I’ve ever seen. I would absolutely give it a 10/10! It’s so nice because it houses the Allen wrench within the bottom so if you need to make a quick adjustment in the field it’s right there at your fingertips. I’ve always been a fan of Kirk products, especially their lens feet but this thing is a whole new level.
B9E82DAE-FE22-47DF-B5AA-14A2974AB641.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
4272D401-E4B9-48D3-A5FE-891FF8A86AE3.jpeg
7AE30774-586F-49BE-85A3-8A56FE1F8137.jpeg

Kirk and RRS have put the allen wrench on their brackets for several years now.

I also have the Kirk L bracket. I agree the Kirk L bracket is extremely well made. However, I wish it didn't partially block the AF area mode button....... I hear the RRS L bracket clears it a bit better. If anyone has the RRS L bracket, maybe they can confirm that.......

I also have the Kirk L bracket. I agree the Kirk L bracket is extremely well made. However, I wish it didn't partially block the AF area mode button....... I hear the RRS L bracket clears it a bit better. If anyone has the RRS L bracket, maybe they can confirm that.......
I don’t use that button anyhow. Unless you have a small lens on there that button is pretty much useless. I have mine programmed to function one just like I have on the other Z cameras

Stetson-008.jpg

It clears completely.

I have programmed another button to activate the focus mode too. I have the microphone button on the back for this, but it still bugs me a bit that the main AF selector is impeded by the vertical part of the bracket. It will be a pain to send the vertical part back to the US from Australia so I will probably just live with it, but I am a bit disappointed.:(

Now that Kirk has fixed the issue of clearing the focus button the only major difference between the two is the RRS vertical section can slide out by loosening one screw and the Kirk can be removed instead. Kirk increased their price when they redesigned it so price difference isn't as big as it previously was. Both have QD holes (which if you don't use you should look into because it was an awesome idea that someone came up with). RRS allen wrench has a slot on the side where it is stored via magnet. Kirk appears to be on the bottom. Can't go wrong with either.

I agree about the partial blockage of the button. Their V2 allows access. Not sure how much B & H will give for the original that I bought from them, but I am going to bite the bullet and buy the V2. I really love everything about this bracket except that button issue, so I'm calling this purchase a therapy cost. haha.

Back