If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RichF

Well-known and Infamous Member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Okay, it is a pair of lion cubs in a fallen branch

Been getting feedback that I tend to over process/over sharpen images (use texture, Topaz Photo AI noise reduction and sharpening, and Luminosity masks to add a pop). This time I tried to keep the process to a minimum and then applied a slight soften to all but the faces (0.3 radius Gaussian blur)

Please let me know if you think i need to back off even more ..

Thanks

Fisher_Cubs.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Looks pretty good to me. One thing that can get you away from texture, clarity, etc., is setting good white and black points. This one almost seems like the whit point could be a bit brighter, but overall, looks good.

Also, IMO, texture, clarity, etc. are almost always better if you only apply them to the subject - sometimes just a little around the subject's face. Again, not saying you necessarily need to do it here (I don't on most of my photos), but if you feel like you need to draw out more detail, isolating to the subject a good start :)

Looks pretty good to me. One thing that can get you away from texture, clarity, etc., is setting good white and black points. This one almost seems like the whit point could be a bit brighter, but overall, looks good.

Also, IMO, texture, clarity, etc. are almost always better if you only apply them to the subject - sometimes just a little around the subject's face. Again, not saying you necessarily need to do it here (I don't on most of my photos), but if you feel like you need to draw out more detail, isolating to the subject a good start :)
thanks steve. I'll go back an reproduce this.

Looks good to me Rich! When I use Photo Ai I tend to open the Sharpen area and back off the slider sometimes to half of what it did automatically.