If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

My wife & I had the marvelous opportunity to witness the Sand Hill Crane migration through south central Nebraska last week end, that is a spectacle & we weren't there at the expected peak, just amazing.

If you're familiar with my work, you know I am primarily a landscape & nightscape photographer, but of course I've seen the BIF shots on the forum & have been very impressed with the quality of the captures & after my first attempt at BIF, I'm REALLY IMPRESSED with the quality of those shots. WOW! It was something I was poorly prepared for, which is my fault, but never the less had an absolutely great time. Using a guide service we were taken to a blind & spent about 2 hours both one evening & then again the next morning.

I'll share a few of my shots that I think are presentable, but I placed them in the landscape forum as they qualify more for landscape photos with some birds in them!
The last shot with the singular big tree in the center, has a golden eagle in it at the very top of the tree, just sitting there watching the activity the same as we were! It was great.
Thanks, Bill
D75_8884-NEO Layer (1)-resized.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
D75_8764-NEO Layer-resized.jpg
D75_8622-NEO Layer-resized.jpg
D75_9159_NEO Layer-resized.jpg

Thank you John. It was amazing. If I remember the discussion correctly they anticipate all most 4 times as many during the peak time, as were there when we saw them. That must be something! Thanks again.

My wife & I had the marvelous opportunity to witness the Sand Hill Crane migration through south central Nebraska last week end, that is a spectacle & we weren't there at the expected peak, just amazing.

If you're familiar with my work, you know I am primarily a landscape & nightscape photographer, but of course I've seen the BIF shots on the forum & have been very impressed with the quality of the captures & after my first attempt at BIF, I'm REALLY IMPRESSED with the quality of those shots. WOW! It was something I was poorly prepared for, which is my fault, but never the less had an absolutely great time. Using a guide service we were taken to a blind & spent about 2 hours both one evening & then again the next morning.

I'll share a few of my shots that I think are presentable, but I placed them in the landscape forum as they qualify more for landscape photos with some birds in them!
The last shot with the singular big tree in the center, has a golden eagle in it at the very top of the tree, just sitting there watching the activity the same as we were! It was great.
Thanks, Bill
View attachment 56652View attachment 56653View attachment 56654View attachment 56655
Last one is great, I would hang it on my wall.