If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi folks,

I would like to share this image taken back in May 2019, while hiking in Peru, South America. Peru is a wonderful country to visit, full of wild, untouched landscapes and friendly and receptive people. The rich culture is present on the streets of historical cities, and many mountain trails are two or three hours by van from urban centers.

The color of Lake Parón is unique, and the Mount Pirámide is the perfect backdrop for the scene. The whole landscape is fascinating, like a Bob Ross painting. There couldn't be a better postcard of the Andean Mountains. The surface of the largest lake in the Cordillera Blanca is 4,185 meters (13,730 ft) above sea level. Both the mountain and the lake are located within the boundaries of the Huascarán National Park.

For this image, I employed a polarizing filter to enhance the beautiful colors of the water and two graduated neutral density filters (ND4+ND8), placed diagonally across the frame to reduce the contrast caused by the strong midday sun.

I hope you enjoy my first landscape image here on the forum and wish you all a good sunday.

DSC08766.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Full Frame equivalent: 35 mm f/11

Last edited: