If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

This is undoubtedly one of the more challenging birds I've tried to capture in flight. Flight shots of a Least Tern pose a significant challenge...they are small (about the size of your hand), very agile and deceivingly fast. I would have liked to have had a better background than just the sand around the nesting colony, but you get what you can take! South Lido Beach.

Least-Tern-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Least-Tern-2.jpg
Least-Tern-3.jpg

This is undoubtedly one of the more challenging birds I've tried to capture in flight. Flight shots of a Least Tern pose a significant challenge...they are small (about the size of your hand), very agile and deceivingly fast. I would have liked to have had a better background than just the sand around the nesting colony, but you get what you can take! South Lido Beach.
Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

I spent 2 mornings last week trying to capture Least Terns in flight too, challenging is right!

Whenever I could keep them in the viewfinder the camera did its job, for me, it’s the operator that could use some more practice!

I haven’t had a chance to get my photos on the computer yet but hopefully I got a few good ones. I would be thrilled to get ones as good as what you posted!

Great photos! Thanks for sharing.

I spent 2 mornings last week trying to capture Least Terns in flight too, challenging is right!

Whenever I could keep them in the viewfinder the camera did its job, for me, it’s the operator that could use some more practice!

I haven’t had a chance to get my photos on the computer yet but hopefully I got a few good ones. I would be thrilled to get ones as good as what you posted!
Thank you, Jonathan; I look forward to seeing some of your images!