Lens cover for Nikon 180-600 that does not cover Fn buttons?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Interesting that you say that. One of the challenges with the neoprene covers for the 186 is largely that of the way the lens is designed with the zoom control and other sections rather close together. I had purchased a cover from outdoor photography gear UK (https://www.outdoorphotographygear.co.uk/nikon-neoprene-lens-covers), though have removed some of the pieces from the lens for the reasons mentioned. Currently, I am transitioning to vinyl wraps for this reason though miss the relative protection that neoprene affords.

If you're using Lenscoat the same 'hiding' of the function buttons is the case with my 600 tc, as well. I rarely use the lens function buttons but have marked where they are under the cover with a permanent marker. Doesn't help at all trying to find them by feel, but visually works like a charm. Cheers.

I'm using the easycover one (the cheapest option I could find), and it has cutouts for the fn buttons. Sometimes the cover part just slips a bit and turns away from the buttons but it's very easy to turn it back in place.

Attachments

• 20240901_005732.jpg
    20240901_005732.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
Back