Lens test charts

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have sent a lens for repair so keen to test the edge to edge sharpness when I get it back. As such I am looking for a lens test chart, the one @Steve uses looks interesting and easy to interpret. Where can you get a copy of this chart please?

I use empty ALTOIDS mint boxes...but am not into checking edge sharpness, because I use mostly FX lenses on my DX cameras, which use the central area of the lens' coverage, where it is the most well corrected and sharp. But, even with my DX lenses I don't obsess over "Unsharp edges", because I know they do resolve less than the centers, but not enough to make a difference in the real world....like Diffraction! :)

I have sent a lens for repair so keen to test the edge to edge sharpness when I get it back. As such I am looking for a lens test chart, the one @Steve uses looks interesting and easy to interpret. Where can you get a copy of this chart please?
Is this the one you’re looking for? It’s on his AF Fine Tune page:

Edit: Test page search… never mind. :)

My lens repair is to replace the front element, my error! I am keen to test the lens when I get it back that the lens still focuses evenly across the frame. The target Steve uses looks easy to use and check the focus is even across the frame. Looking for a simple target like the one Steve uses, but I am struggling to find one which was a bit of a surprise I thought they would be easily available.

Back