Lensrentals Acquires BorrowLenses

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RecalcitrantRon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have used both Lensrentals and BorrowLenses several times and they are both great to work with. What concerns me is that they were each other's main competition and elimination of competition usually leads to higher pricing over the long term.

I used both companies, but the merger has me concerned about future price increases. In the past when I checked prices they were within a few dollars of each other. It seems that in the past, mergers were only good for the CEO that got a golden parachute; others such as office staff got a golden anvil. We'll see what happens with this merger. One (only) positive aspect my that more used equipment may come up for sale.

I used both companies, but the merger has me concerned about future price increases. In the past when I checked prices they were within a few dollars of each other. It seems that in the past, mergers were only good for the CEO that got a golden parachute; others such as office staff got a golden anvil. We'll see what happens with this merger. One (only) positive aspect my that more used equipment may come up for sale.
Maybe if they have more resources, they will be able to afford more gear? Both have always had limited amounts of particular gear? But as a pessimist, probably will result in poorer service with higher fees.

Back