Let me Squawk in your Ear !!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Maurie_S

Supporting Member
Marketplace
NZ Kaka, Z9, 800/6.3.
MJS_0968-BCGRSZ.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Fabulous shot! Love the lighting or there lack of…Bravo!
Do you know the bird species?
Hi Lisa,
Many thanks for your kind comment.
The bird is a Kaka, native to New Zealand.
The birds were at the top of a tall tree, with a very bright blue sky background, so I decided to fix with a couple of gradient masks in Lightroom.

Hi Lisa,
Many thanks for your kind comment.
The bird is a Kaka, native to New Zealand.
The birds were at the top of a tall tree, with a very bright blue sky background, so I decided to fix with a couple of gradient masks in Lightroom.
Thanks Maurie! really well done! The photo is so, so rich with color, contrast, light and behavior!

Many thanks Lance, much appreciated.

Over the last 3-4 wks. we have been getting 2 or 3 birds daily to our garden.

Hopefully, one day I'll get over the ditch to see some of Australia's amazing bird species 🤞

Many thanks Lance, much appreciated.

Over the last 3-4 wks. we have been getting 2 or 3 birds daily to our garden.

Hopefully, one day I'll get over the ditch to see some of Australia's amazing bird species 🤞
Wow, that would be amazing to see them wild in your backyard! I took some photos of them at the Orokonui Ecosanctuary near Dunedin, which was a great place. Would love to go back to NZ for another trip, truly beautiful and amazing place.

Let me know if you ever come to Sydney and I would love to show you the local bird sites. However, you are probably best to go to places not in Syndey for birds. The trouble is, unlike NZ, these places can be a long way to get to.

Wow, that would be amazing to see them wild in your backyard! I took some photos of them at the Orokonui Ecosanctuary near Dunedin, which was a great place. Would love to go back to NZ for another trip, truly beautiful and amazing place.

Let me know if you ever come to Sydney and I would love to show you the local bird sites. However, you are probably best to go to places not in Syndey for birds. The trouble is, unlike NZ, these places can be a long way to get to.
Beautiful birds and the bg works very well for me.
Elsa, Many thanks for your kind comment!

Lance, Thank you for that offer. 50% chance you may hear from me !!

Back