Lightroom/Photoshop backup to NAS

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Terry32

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I recently purchased a new Computer from Puget Systems. They recommend doing all my editing from my internal 4Tb SSD drive. I am not sure about the next step. I want to use the Synology NAS as my backup (primary). My question is, do I backup my lightroom catalog, plus my raw imported images, and also my edited images to the NAS? This makes the most since to me. Also, when I am finished editing images, especially old images, should they be moved from the lightroom catalog to the NAS to free up space for the 4TB SSD drive? If I chose to work on them again, I could re-import them from the NAS, I think. After the NAS, I will back up to external drives which will back up to Backblaze.
I know this has probably been covered here at some point. I am not a computer person. You guys helped me with my new computer decision. Thanks in advance

I'm a little unclear what you mean by edited images? Do you mean you did further work in a non lightroom program and now they are in a format like jpg, tiff, psd, etc? It's worth repeating that the lightroom catalog doesn't contain any images.

Back