Lightroom: "There was an error writing to the file (1)"

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Gov

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Suddenly I am unable to use Denoise in Lightroom and get the above message. The same thing happens when I try to use Topaz. My photos are on two 1T SanDisk SSD drives. One is full and the other is close to full. I have able to completely process these photos until now. My theory is maybe the processed files are larger and are being put back on the full disk, which cannot hold them. I am able to process the images in all other ways. Does anyone have any ideas? Does the number (1) in the error message have any meaning?

You said Lightroom but do you mean Lightroom classic? In classic I think you can go into preferences and clear out your raw cache and also your preview data. Plus if you have old backups of catalogs some can be deleted.

Last edited:
Suddenly I am unable to use Denoise in Lightroom and get the above message. The same thing happens when I try to use Topaz. My photos are on two 1T SanDisk SSD drives. One is full and the other is close to full. I have able to completely process these photos until now. My theory is maybe the processed files are larger and are being put back on the full disk, which cannot hold them. I am able to process the images in all other ways. Does anyone have any ideas? Does the number (1) in the error message have any meaning?
This will happen if you have a background program that backs up your modified files to the cloud. You must turn off any cloud processing while using Topaz or Helicon Focus products. Drove me crazy till I figured it out. The cloud backup locks the file handle and the AI processor can't access it.

Back