If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

This is one of my fav birds that I enjoy shooting at everytime I have the chance, no matter how many I have, it marvels me the colors and textures of its feathers.

I took this one in Etosha NP, Namibia, last year on my first visit to Africa. I travelled there with my daughter and we were the only 2 on each outing (private ride), so it was easy to just yell the driver "stop" everytime I spotted (or she) something else that the guide didn't (or didn't bother...). It was like a stop and go drive... I wanted to shoot at each and every roller I could spot... thankfully, my guide was a great guy and after the first day he was all into following my game with a smile on his face. Cannot thank him enough btw, it was our first experience and enough to inoculate the African "virus" to go back time and time again.

Shot with a Nikon D6 and the 180-400 TC:

MRC_3234 by Marcelo Cinicola, on Flickr

Exif:

410mm (TC engaged) - f/5.6 - 1/2000s - ISO 200

This is one of my fav birds that I enjoy shooting at everytime I have the chance, no matter how many I have, it marvels me the colors and textures of its feathers.

I took this one in Etosha NP, Namibia, last year on my first visit to Africa. I travelled there with my daughter and we were the only 2 on each outing (private ride), so it was easy to just yell the driver "stop" everytime I spotted (or she) something else that the guide didn't (or didn't bother...). It was like a stop and go drive... I wanted to shoot at each and every roller I could spot... thankfully, my guide was a great guy and after the first day he was all into following my game with a smile on his face. Cannot thank him enough btw, it was our first experience and enough to inoculate the African "virus" to go back time and time again.

Shot with a Nikon D6 and the 180-400 TC:

MRC_3234 by Marcelo Cinicola, on Flickr

Exif:

410mm (TC engaged) - f/5.6 - 1/2000s - ISO 200
Pretty bird.

Excellent image of the Lilac-breasted roller! I'm a sucker for fine feather details, so I really enjoyed this image!
Thank you so much for your comments!

Since you opened the door, I'm posting here another shot of a Lilac... hope it's ok to do it on the same thread?

MRC_3543 by Marcelo Cinicola, on Flickr

• Nikon D500 + 500PF
  • f/5.6
  • 1/2000s
  • ISO 160
Krgds, Marcelo

Another winner! Yes, you can post multiple images in a thread. That is much better than having multiple threads of the same subject, same outing.