Lions, doing what lions do

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
We are blessed with National Parks where it is still possible to see and shoot lions in all shapes and sizes though I must say we still have to see realy small cubs and be lucky enough to photograph them. These images are from Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. The mom and her cub are from Kruger NP.
00012-A2W-D500-1493.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
D800 2014 12 31 4833.jpg
00506 10X12W D300S 1813.jpg
D500W 5965.jpg
D500 2017 02 08 6182.jpg

Thanks Callie. I’m surprised that the wildlife will be so visible from the roads. Tourists get out of their vehicles in order to be closer to dangerous predators .... I’m speechless!

Another set of incredible photos Callie! Am I correct in assuming you take these from a vehicle?
In most of the big cat safari's across the world you are strictly not allowed to get out of your vehicle.

The craze for wildlife photography has greatly increased, but unfortunately, there is no understanding of ecology or animal behaviour amongst most photographers.To what length should one go to get that perfect wildlife shot? Consensus has been that species or habitats should be left undisturbed and a certain safe distance should be maintained while clicking shots. But these safe imaginary boundary lines have been open to interpretation, with over-enthusiastic wildlife photographers repeatedly crossing the line and disturbing the ways of the wild.

Back