Little black bear cub from this fall British Columbia Canada Nikon D7500 200-500

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

D75_3841.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Cam, Here is a quick example of moving the twigs. I used the clone stamp tool with a bunch of different opacity and flow settings and maximum sharpness to maintain as much detail in the fur as possible. I didn't want to "edit" your photo so I did a quick change so you could see the area I worked on. If it was mine I would have blended it out more. If you want to learn Photoshop, I would suggest the video series by Anthony Morganti on You Tube. He is great at teaching you the basics and how to get really good results without going crazy on super technical advice.

Screenshot 2021-12-16 102834.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I'm not a fan of removing things from photos. The example above I don't consider successful, the fur on his right side of the nose looks like it's been covered with chocolate where the twig were. Agree that the twig in the first is annoying, but the latter does not provide an improvement.
I would consider the original a good shot, really good framing with the tree and branches, fits good with a 1:1 format.

I'm not a fan of removing things from photos. The example above I don't consider successful, the fur on his right side of the nose looks like it's been covered with chocolate where the twig were. Agree that the twig in the first is annoying, but the latter does not provide an improvement.
I would consider the original a good shot, really good framing with the tree and branches, fits good with a 1:1 format.

Point well taken, but it was suggested the OP do that and he replied that he didn't know how. Please refer to my comment. "I didn't want to "edit" your photo so I did a quick change so you could see the area I worked on. If it was mine I would have blended it out more. If you want to learn Photoshop, I would suggest the video series by Anthony Morganti on You Tube. He is great at teaching you the basics and how to get really good results without going crazy on super technical advice. " Personal opinion on both sides.

Last edited:
Back